Each week we post the latest stats for one of our specialty areas. This week, we're focusing on the North Vancouver Detached housing market.
Further details to our infographic are here:
- Current inventory is 35% below last year, with 80 properties for sale compared to 123 during the same week in 2020. Current listings are 4% higher than last week.
- Sales remained steady this week with 6 transactions out of 80 listings, compared to 6 transactions out of 77 listings last week. Last year we saw 9 sales out of 123 properties during the same period.
- Of this week’s 6 sales, buyers averaged 98% of the asking price, with a median sale price of $2,171,500 and a median of 13 days-on-market. Of the properties sold, one sold for the asking price, two sold over the asking price and three sold under asking.
- Our highest priced sale this week: a 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom, 3,313 sq.ft. house on Dempsey Road. List price $2,199,000. Sold for $2,350,000.
- Our lowest priced sale this week: a 3,546 sq.ft. house (land value) on Cliffmont Road. List price $1,449,000. Sold for $1,450,000.
- Market absorption rate for North Vancouver detached listings: At the current sales rate, if there were no new listings added, it would take 0.8 months for inventory to be absorbed into the market.